Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Roll out the Oats


Quaker Oats a real American brand is unveiling a new umbrella campaign that will unite all of their products. 'Go Humans Go' is the new tagline intended to evoke the oats as a "super grain" that helps power people's minds and bodies. They will be launching TV, OOH, and of course social media next week.

Maybe I should see the creative before I pass judgment but 'Go Humans Go' sits a little strange with me. Kind of positioning the oats as a kind of alien life-force in support of their effect on human activity.

Could the copywriters have taken out the good'ole Thesaurus and considered 'people,' or 'America'

They've done some good work this year, their Top Chef challenge [although some may argue a little out of context for a cooking competition] and I actually really like their Oatmeal commercial with the kids getting ready for school. My favorite is the kid that mixes them all together.

A real 'wholesome' brand I would hope that this new campaign sends a clear brand message and tonality. Rather than a message from outer space.

I did a Google search and it seems some bloggers are already confused
:

http://geeks.pirillo.com/photo/go-humans-go



2 comments:

Kris said...

So it's happened. The Quaker Oats dude is no longer a closeted robot trying to take over the world with his tasty breakfast. He's officially out! God help us all.

Diane J Standiford said...

OK, back to 102 aunt Violet and bacon-eating, she ALSO ate Quaker Oats every morning. I say the slogan fits. Though I agree with Kris---God help us all. (Anything that trumps bacon is too damn powerful.)