Wednesday, November 5, 2008

YES WE CAN!!!


Get a puppy!

And here we are. In the new United States of America. I am so proud of this country. This was a big pill to swallow and we did it. We are moving forward and it's going to be okay. This is the second major event in this country where I have witnessed history have felt truly connected and proud to be an American. One event was probably the most tragic devastating thing my eyes will ever see. The second was an image of hope, inspiration and pride.

A truly historic election year of racism and feminism, the most controversial topics of this country and here they are right in front of us being smeared all over the faces of those living in the past. Those who are afraid or unsure of this massive risk. Well my friends those who never took a risk in their life never accomplished anything great.

I think the most important thing this country needs to do is believe in each other. This is not Yankees verses Mets anymore this is everyone rooting for the same team. Boths sides respecting each other and surrendering hostility.

I have a whole family of Republicans to go home two but its not a time to gloat, its a time to put faith in the destiny chosen for us. As I mentioned earlier, it's going to be okay. I said that to my mother a few weeks ago as she spoke with apprehension in her eyes. The role reversal was evident, "Mom, it's going to be okay." And it will.

What kinda puppy do you think they'll get!?!!

No comments: