Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Honey Nut Cheerios

I may have hit a semi-all-time-low this morning.

Yesterday I had a craving for Honey Nut Cheerios [I saw someone eating on a reality TV show the night before and now it was in my head] so I went to this little cafe/bodega type place where I knew they carried those little individual bowls of cereal.

Low and behold no HNCs. However I saw towards the back of the store they had boxes of cereal up on a high shelf. And there it was in all it's glory with a little halo beaming out from the back. I could only reach the first box but it was damaged on the bottom. No no no. So I tried to reach the next one behind it. Looking like an ass trying to prop myself up on the ice cream cooler below I looked around for someone tall who could help me. A young guy carrying like 7 water bottles was all I could spot. He said he'd be right back to help me.

He was cute! I think a construction worker type, but with a sweet baby face. Our hands accidentally brushed as he handed me the cereal.

So on my way in this morning I tried to think of something in that store I could buy for breakfast. Nothing. But I did however take the long way just so I could wait on the corner in front of the store to cross the street in hopes of catching a glimpse.

My little Honey Nut was nowhere in site. What an ass I am, the things I put myself through, seriously!

No comments: