Friday, October 31, 2008

'It's The Great Pumpkin!'


I finally got a chance to watch it last night! I can't remember the last time I saw it but it was funny how my mind remembered certain visuals and sounds, like what the apple looked like when Linus bit into it in the beginning, or how the pumpkin seeds made that plop sound as Lucy thew them on the floor. I also couldn't believe how much adult content was in the show. Lots of political references and even that whole Red Baron scene when Snoopy was shot down on enemy lines. That stuff totally went over my head as a kid. I also felt that all the girls were kinda bratty! Peppermint Patty and her girl Marcy weren't really in this one. They're cool I guess. Oh and Linus was getting on my nerves with this 'brining presents to all the good little girls and boys' bit. Dude thats totally Santa Claus, don't you think candy perhaps is more appropriate?! Ahh the nostalgic moments of my life!

No comments: