Friday, October 3, 2008

I Cheated on My Coffee Cart Man

I feel terrible, I'm a sell out, but it was really REALLY good.

Every day for the past 4 months I have been going to this little coffee cart man on Maiden Lane. Those carts you see on the street have hands down the best coffee in this city. He knows me now, knows that every day I order iced coffee with a little bit of milk and one sugar. He starts my drink even before I move up to my place in line. There have been days where he hasn't shown up and my whole entire morning is thrown off. One time I walked an extra block to find another cart and the guy gave me a cup with a deformed lid and I spilled it everywhere, travesty I tell you!

But today it was a little chilly and I wasn't really in the mood for something cold. Yes I could have broken the pattern and asked for a regular coffee but no...not today I wanted a tall Pumpkin Spice Latte from the coffee devils themselves. STARBUCKS. That's right people I did it. I was a sell out. But it was good, really good. And now that I got that out of my system I will have to break it to my coffee man that it's time to put the ice away. With the change in seasons comes a change in coffee.

No comments: