Monday, September 15, 2008

The most eventful weekend of my life...




Yes I would go as far to make such a bold proclamation.

It started off on a dark and rainy night at the South Street Seaport for the 3rd Annual Heartland Brewfest. To much dismay they got cheap this year and gave out plastic tasting cups rather than the nice glass ones. Leave it to one stupid jerk who drops the glass or smashes it on someone's head and ruins it for all of us! After a little too much Pumpkin Spice Ale we made our way to the desolate San Gennario Festival in Little Italy. Yes my friends for the first time in my life I was not pressed up against a greasy I-talian, falling over a baby carriage, or getting sausage + pepper grease dripped on me. After a piece of pizza and getting scammed by a cheap carnival game we left.

Saturday was the Bronx Zoo! An excuse to get really excited over child-like things. Very disappointed by the frog exhibit but the elephants and giraffes were cool! My favorite quote was by a native Bronx women who commented on the picture above. Two monkey's had their tails intertwined and she says, "Look day makin' love wit day tails."

After the zoo I had my first Sylvia's soul food experience where I ate enough calories to last me though next year.

And Sunday was Pickle Day in the Lower East Side!! After the initial 'okay I lost my bearings in the LES' Amanda and I finally found the abyss of Pickle Greatness! Strange practices such as waiting on really long lines to try and stab tiny pieces of pickle with tooth picks or having a stick shoved up it's pickle ass so you can enjoy pickle on a stick! Also, singing fiddle man sings about pickles and the 'There aint no bugs on me' song from the K9 Advantix flea commercial.

Oh and MetroMix.com took our picture, I'm on the internet! http://newyork.metromix.com/restaurants/photogallery/pickle-party/615348/content?photo=1

Ahh NYC how I love thee so!

No comments: