Thursday, February 7, 2008

It's been awhile, but this one is kinda sweet.

So NYC has really been kicking my butt the last couple months and I really haven't had a chance to get in touch with my creative self to write a good blog. But last night was a nice NY moment I'll never forget.

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday and I really wanted to get ashes but I got out of work so late I was afraid it wouldn't happen. As I walked out of the office at 7:12 I see a woman with ashes on her head. They looked pretty fresh so I asked where she got them. Of course she didn't speak English but we were able to communicate that she got them at the Actor's Chapel on the next block over. I had a nice spiritual few minutes, sat and prayed and contemplated. When I finally walked out the church bells started going off. I recognized the tune...definitely not a church song...I pulled over on the side of the street to listen longer. Low in behold, of course the church bells in NYC's theatre district would ring none other than "The Lullaby of Broadway." I smiled and boarded the subway.

No comments: