Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Homeless man denies Special K bar

My friend Amanda told me this story last night, I had to put it in!


So the other day I was on the subway on my way to work, headphones on, reading the trashy tabloid, etc. and one of those homeless subway beggars gets on our car and starts into his "i'm homeless, give me money/food. anything" speech. So as he walks by I take out a special k bar from my bag, I would rather give them food than money because you know they will actually use the food for something postive. And he looks at me and says "oh i'm sorry i have sugar diabetes i can't have that" and I thought to myself "well I guess beggars can be choosers..."

Only me...

1 comment:

Colleen said...

hahahaha that's quite ridiculous. I gave some guy in New Mexico a power bar when he was asking for money at a gas station (when we drove across country) and he was also pissed! I was like, "Dude, I just handed you more protein than you've probably seen in like 2 months, PLEASE!"